- Who we are
- Our website
- Our collection and use of your personal information
- Transfer of your information out of the UK and EEA
- Cookies and similar technologies
- Your rights
- Keeping your personal information secure
- How to complain
- How to contact us
WHO WE ARE
This website is operated by Rainmaking Innovation Limited (Rainmaking). We provide corporate innovation and venture development services and for more information seehttps://rainmaking.io/about/.
We collect, use and are responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which applies across the European Union and the United Kingdom and we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
OUR COLLECTION AND USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect personal information about you when you access our website, register with us and contact us via our website.
We collect this personal information from you either directly, such as when you register with us or contact us via our website or indirectly, such as your browsing activity while on our website (see ‘Cookies’ below).
The personal information we collect about you depends on the particular activities carried out through our website. This information may include:
- your full name, job title, company name, email address and other contact details
- details of any feedback you give us by phone, email, post or via social media
- information about our services you are interested in
- your account details, such as username, login details (should you be required to create an account at some stage)
We use this personal information to:
- provide services to you
- contact you about content that may be of interest to you
- notify you of any changes to our website or to our services that may affect you
- improve our services
This website is not intended for use by children and we do not knowingly collect or use personal information relating to children.
OUR LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
When we use your personal information, we are required to have a legal basis for doing so. There are various different legal bases on which we may rely, depending on what personal information we process and why.
The legal bases we may rely on include:
- consent: where you have given us clear consent for us to process your personal information for a specific purpose
- contract: where our use of your personal information is necessary for a contract we have with you, or because you have asked us to take specific steps before entering into a contract
- legal obligation: where our use of your personal information is necessary for us to comply with the law (not including contractual obligations)
- legitimate interests: where our use of your personal information is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party (unless there is a good reason to protect your personal information which overrides our legitimate interests)
FURTHER INFORMATION—THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT, WHEN AND HOW WE USE IT
For further details on when we collect personal information, what we collect as well as how we use it, please read the following sections:
|When information is collected||What information we ask for||How and why we use your information|
|When you register with us to join our mailing list||Contact details: email address||We ask for this to communicate with you about Rainmaking. We rely on consent as the lawful basis for collecting and using your personal information. We will keep this information until you notify us that you wish to be removed from the mailing list|
|When you contact us under ‘General’ or ‘Media’ enquiries||Contact details: your full name, job title, company name, email address and telephone number||We ask for this to communicate with you about our services and/or provide you with more information. We rely on consent as the lawful basis for collecting and using your personal information. We will keep this information until you notify us that you no longer wish to be contacted|
WHO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH
We will share personal information with law enforcement or other authorities if required by applicable law.
We do not share your personal information with any third party, so you will not be contacted by anyone outside of Rainmaking. However, we may share your personal information internally with Rainmaking offices based in other locations around the world. In order to do this, your personal information will be securely stored and processed on our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software – if you wish to know more about this please contact email@example.com.
WHETHER INFORMATION HAS TO BE PROVIDED BY YOU, AND IF SO WHY
We require you to provide your name and/or email address to enable us to contact you once you have made an enquiry via our website and/or to be able to add you to our mailing list. We also ask for your company details to be able to tailor our services accordingly. We will inform you at the point of collecting information from you, whether you are required to provide the information to us.
TRANSFER OF YOUR INFORMATION OUT OF THE UK AND EEA
We may transfer your personal information to Rainmaking offices outside of the United Kingdom (UK) and European Economic Area (EEA) located, for example, in Egypt, Japan, Mexico, Singapore, Taiwan, United Arab Emirates and the United States of America, in order to connect you with more relevant expertise.
- Such countries may not have the same data protection laws as the UK and EEA. While the European Commission has not given a formal decision that such countries provide an adequate level of data protection similar to those which apply in the UK and EEA, any transfer of your personal information will be subject to the GDPR.
We will not otherwise transfer your personal data outside of the EEA or to any organisation (or subordinate bodies) governed by public international law or which is set up under any agreement between two or more countries.
If you would like further information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
We would like to send you information about our services, which may be of interest to you. Where we have your consent or it is in our legitimate interests to do so, we may do this by email.
We will only ask whether you would like us to send you marketing messages when you tick the relevant boxes when you complete our online enquiry form for the first time. Click here to see what this form looks like.
If you have previously agreed to being contacted in this way, you can unsubscribe at any time by contacting us at email@example.com. It may take up to 5 working days for this to take place. For more information on your rights in relation to marketing, see ‘Your rights’ below.
Under the GDPR you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- email, call or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org,
- let us have enough information to identify you (e.g. account details (if any), full name and email address),
- let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and
- let us know the information to which your request relates.
KEEPING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURE
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
HOW TO COMPLAIN
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
The GDPR also gives you the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in a European Economic Area state or in the United Kingdom if you work, normally live or if any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred in the relevant state. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone: 0303 123 1113.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Please contact email@example.com you have any questions about this privacy notice or the information we hold about you.